City of Fort Collins Replacing 80-Year-Old Waterline on College Avenue [MAP]
expect some serious constuction on College Avenue soon. Fort Collins Utilities will be replacing the 1930's 4-inch cast iron waterline in College Avenue from Buckeye Street (one block south of Pitkin Street) to Mulberry Street with 8-inch PVC pipe. Beginning Tuesday, May 27, construction will begin at Mulberry Street, and will move south.
The project will improve water quality, increase fire protection and enhance water-system reliability. This work is being done in advance of the 2015 CDOT Highway 287 paving project from Berthoud to north of Fort Collins.
STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Trenchless technologies will be used to minimize overall construction and traffic impacts when possible.
- Local businesses will remain open.
- Pedestrian access will be available at all times.
- Cross streets affected by the construction include Myrtle, Laurel, Garfield, Edwards, Pitkin and Buckeye Streets.
- College Avenue and affected side streets will be repaved following construction.
- Periodic disruptions to water service will be necessary. You will be notified prior to shutoff.