Happy Birthday to You Westin Denver International Airport
The funny shaped hotel in front of the funny shaped airport in Denver celebrated a birthday over the weekend. Westin Denver International Airport is one year old. In its first year, 131,000 guests from around the world stayed at the new hotel.
The Westin opened at Denver International Airport on Nov. 19, 2015. It completed a longtime vision for an on-site hotel and a connected transit center that today connects the airport with downtown Denver by commuter rail service.
The Westin has 519 rooms, 35 luxury suites, a 37,500-square-foot conference center with 15 meeting rooms, two ballrooms and an 82,000-square-foot open-air plaza that connects the hotel with the airport’s Jeppesen Terminal.
Westin DIA Numbers From the 1st Year
- 131,049 – Estimated number of total guests – enough to fill about 574 Boeing 757 aircraft.
- 100,000 – meals served by the Westin banquets team – enough to feed 1,886 football teams
- 99,033 – Occupied guestrooms
- 59,607 – Starwood Preferred Guests member guestrooms
- 48,754 – Beers sold
- 40,868 – Glasses of wine sold
- 13,700 – Pool and workout area entries
- 11,458 – Burgers sold
- 10,478 – Vehicles parked since opening
- 1,200 – Group bookings
- 537 – Pet guests
- 500 – Rooms booked for the largest business meeting to date
- 360 – Keyless room entries
- 30 – Celebrity and entertainment group guests