It's been an incredibly tragic start to the week for the Colorado State men's basketball team, as forward Emmanuel Omogbo suffered the loss of his parents, as well as his 2-year old niece and nephew, in a house fire early Tuesday morning.

A news conference reported that 55-year-old Caroline Omogbo and 63-year-old Samson Omogbo both died at the scene, while the 2-year-old twins of Omogbo's sister passed away at the hospital. Omogbo's sister survived the fire by jumping out of a two-story window. The cause of the heartbreaking incident, which occurred just outside of Washington D.C., is still under investigation.

This is Omogbo's first season playing for CSU, after transferring from South Plains College in Texas. Rams coach Larry Eustachy, shocked teammates, and the Colorado State Athletic Department have all extended their support and have dedicated the rest of the season to playing for the Omogbo family. A GoFundMe campaign was created by the athletic department to collect funds that will be used for funeral, medical, temporary housing expenses. Due to NCAA bylaws, funds raised in excess of the support needed for those expenses will be donated to a charitable cause.

The CSU forward still plans to play in Wednesday's game at Air Force despite experiencing such a horrific tragedy. Our thoughts and condolences go out to Omogbo and his family at such a difficult time.