Poudre School District Has an Extreme Bus Driver Shortage
Poudre School District is experiencing an extreme school bus driver shortage this year. The district has roughly 150 routes that deliver students to and from schools, in and around the Fort Collins area. They started the school year with over 20 of those routes without drivers. The District still has 5 un-assigned routes despite having 4 training classes since July.
Spring is the busiest time of year. The elementary schools enjoy trips to the museums and zoo in Denver and Distict officials are concerned that they will not be able to fulfill those requests, so they are hiring more drivers.
Here is What You Need to Know
- A new 3 week training class starts January 25, 2016
- All training is paid.
- Poudre school District drivers work mid-August to end of May
- Additional summer hours are available.
- Benefits are provided.
- Applicants must be able to pass a DOT physical and random drug tests.
- Information line: 970-490-3578.
- Applications are available at psdschools.org.