What Are the Most Common Lies That we Tell? [LIST]
As much as we tell our kids not to lie, there are several lies that we all tell every day, even as adults. Some are bigger than others, but unfortunately, it's something that happens, and in most cases, it's a reflex action. So, what are the most common lies? According to Reddit, there are some that are much more popular than others.
1. “My phone was on silent so I didn’t know you called.” - Use almost daily with your significant other, or work.
2. “Sorry, I don’t have any change on me.” - Used every panhandler you see.
3. “I don’t care what people think of me.” - Used when you're trying to impress someone.
4. Whatever your height is . . . adding at least an inch. - Why do we lie to our doctors? And why to they even ask? It's not like they don't have a way to measure hight.
5. “I’m fine” . . . whether you’re happy, sad, or anything in between. - Used EVERY time asks how you're doing. This is probably the most common "reflex" lie.
6. “I’m on the way.” - No you're not... you're still getting dressed.
7. “This meal was delicious.” - Most commonly used on Mother-in-laws.
8. “I’ll let you know if I can make it . . . I think I might already have something that night.” - No I can't make it. I don't want to go to your 1-year-olds birthday party. Let me know when they have a party that they actually can comprehend and you can serve alcohol.