What to Do With Your Leftover Election Signs in Fort Collins
With the elections finally over, are you wondering what to do with that political sign in your yard? If you live in Fort Collins, there are a couple options:
- Election signs that are made of paperboard (single-layer cardboard) can be separated from the metal wicket and placed in a household or business recycling bin.
- Plastic sleeve-style signs can be recycled in the plastic bag recycling barrels offered at grocery stores and big-box retailers.
- Metal sign wickets can be recycled at local scrap metal companies, or taken to the “back yard” area (for a small fee) at the City’s new Timberline Recycling Center at 1903 S. Timberline Road.
Signarama in Fort Collins
You can also recycle you election campaign yard signs & stakes at Signarama in Fort Collins.
- Friday, November 11 from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday, November 12, 2016, from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm ONLY.
Signs and metal stakes MUST be separated before dropping them off for recycling.
Bins will be available at the back entrance of Signarama Fort Collins, 1600 E. Mulberry St., Unit 2. Please do not leave signs and stakes outside of these recycling hours!