Loveland’s Cherry Pie Celebration – a Sweet Summer Tradition
It must be summertime! Loveland's Annual Cherry Pie Celebration is Saturday, July 16 at Peters Park and 5th Street next to the Museum. Admission is free. You can buy pie by the slice, ice cream, and drinks! I am so excited because I get to be a judge of the Cherry Pie Contest!
2016 Cherry Pie Celebration Timeline of Events
- 4:30 pm – deadline for Art of the Tart Cherry Pie Contest submissions
- 5:00 – 8:00 pm – Children’s activities, vendor booths, pie/ice cream for sale
- 5:00 - 6:15 pm - Live music by Rusty 44
- 6:45 – 8:00 pm – Live music by After the Fire
- 7:00 pm – Winners of Art of the Tart announced
ART OF THE TART CONTEST (Cherry Pie Contest)
- Two categories – Adult & Student (under 18)
- Pies must be received at the contest table by 4:30 pm.
- Category winners will be announced at 7 pm.
- Pies judged on crust, filling, texture, taste, and overall appearance.
- Commercially baked pies are not allowed.
- All pies must be prepared within 24 hours of the 4:30 pm deadline.
Cherry Industry in Loveland - Free Lecture
Sharon Danhauer, of the Loveland Historical Society, will share the history of the cherry as it relates to Loveland, From orchards to canning to the annual Cherry Pie Celebration on Thursday, July 14, 5:30- 7 pm. It's Free!