Nursing Home Patients Evacuated in Fort Collins Tuesday Night
After 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday night, residents of E. Elizabeth Street lined the sidewalks, watching the several ambulances, police cars, and fire trucks with curiosity.
According to a press release, PFA fire crews were responding to a call reporting a natural gas leak at Golden Peaks Center, a nursing home located on 1005 E. Elizabeth St.
Residents of the nursing homes reported headaches and some were evacuated. Others were helped to areas in the building not affected by natural gas.
Crews ventilated the building and residents were moved back inside at 10:09 p.m.
The leak is reported as originating in the kitchen, and Elizabeth Street has since reopened.