Shoppers and those who passed by Sprouts Farmers Market in southeast Fort Collins on Thursday, may be wondering why firefighters were parked in front of the store early morning and into the afternoon, and also why the store was temporarily closed.

At about 8:30 a.m. on August 25, Poudre Fire Authority responded to a report of a carbon monoxide alarm going off at 4345 Corbett Drive in the Front Range Village. Upon arrival to the scene, firefighters monitored the environment and evacuated the store as a precaution. During the temporary closure, customers were encouraged to visit the Sprouts store on Lemay Avenue, or the Loveland location on North Lincoln Avenue.

At 12:50 p.m., an update was posted to the Poudre Fire Authority's Facebook page, announcing that extensive air monitoring and ventilation had been completed, which determined that the levels were safe for people to return. The grocery store opened back up shortly after. According to Madeline Noblett, the public affairs and communication manager for PFA, the potential cause has been narrowed down to a couple pieces of equipment, which must be serviced before they can be used again. There were no reported injuries during this incident.