Influenza Forces Banner Health to Restrict Visitors in Fort Collins, Greeley, and Loveland
A high incidence of flu has forced Banner Health to put restrictions on visitors at all of its hospitals, including North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, McKee Medical Center in Loveland, and Banner Fort Collins Medical Center.
According to the Greeley Tribune, the following restrictions will be implemented through April 30:
- No visitors under the age of 13
- No visitors with a fever, cough, vomiting or diarrhea
- Children ages 12 and younger must be supervised by an adult in public waiting areas and cafeterias
- Siblings who do not have cold or flu symptoms may visit a new baby in the obstetrics unit
- Visitors must wash their hands frequently while at the hospital.
All Banner Health employees, employed physicians, volunteers and students were required to receive a flu vaccination by December 1st.