Larimer County Public Works Improves Road Information System
Larimer County Public Works has released the Road Event Status System. RESS provides residents access to information about road construction, closures, special events, emergencies, and more in Larimer County.
A unique feature on the RESS Map is the ability to use the “Time Slider” tool to be able to see events that will take place within the next 12 months; in one month increments. The Time Slider is like a “crystal ball” for seeing were and when work and events will occur in the future.
Customers can subscribe to have scheduled weekly summaries and near real time notifications of events causing delays, detours, or road closures sent to their email addresses. The summaries and notifications will simultaneously be posted on the County’s Facebook and Twitter sites.
Drew Davis, Sr. Business Analyst for the Larimer County Public Works Division, offers live demonstrations on RESS at the County Commissioner meetings throughout January:
- Wed., Jan. 6, 2016 - 8:30 a.m. - LaPorte Pizza, 3208 W. CR 54G, LaPorte
- Thurs., Jan.7, 2016 - 7:30 a.m. - T-Bar Restaurant, 3803 Cleveland, Wellington
- Wed., Jan. 13, 2016 - 9 a.m. - Estes Park Senior Center, 220 4th Street, Estes Park
- Wed., Jan. 20, 2016 - 8:00 a.m. - Fireside Cafe @ Group Publishing, 1515 Cascade Avenue, Loveland
- Wed., Jan. 27, 2016 - 8:30 a.m. - Trailhead Café, 375 Meadowlark Drive, Berthoud
- Wed., Jan. 27, 2016 - 6 p.m. - Turning Point at the Waverly School, 10431 N. CR 15, Waverly
- Thurs., Jan.28, 2016 - 7:30 a.m. - Dazbog Coffee, 401 Mason Court, Fort Collins
- Thurs., Jan. 28, 2016 - Noon - Red Feather Lakes Library, 71 Fire House Lane, Red Feather Lakes